Overall evaluation of the ISWM system/ Suggestions for full-scale implementation
Action 5 encompasses the overall evaluation of the pilot ISWM system applied to the selected communities of Pyrgos and Ormos Panormou of the Municipality of Tinos. Action 5 was initiated on 01.11.2012, as foreseen in the original proposal.
The objectives of Action 5 are:
- Evaluation of the demonstration action
- Evaluation of the results of the ISWM system and its operation
- Life Cycle Assessment (LCA)
- Assessment of the performance of the prototype composting unit
- Definition of especially designed instruments for the facilitation of the future implementation of the ISWM system in a full – scale
- Provision of certain suggestions for the implementation of the ISWM system in a full – scale
- Evaluation of the environmental benefits, the social benefits and the economic feasibility of the ISWM system
Action 5 shall be implemented in the two (2) activities.