Implementation of the Integrated Solid Waste Management system in the Municipality of Tinos
Action 4 constitutes the implementation phase of the Integrated Solid Waste Management system in the selected communities of Pyrgos and Ormos Panormou of the Municipality of Tinos. Action 4 was initiated on 01.11.2012, as foreseen in the original proposal.
The objectives of Action 4 are:
- Implementation of the scheme for MSW collection at source
- Physicochemical analysis of the collected biowaste
- Implementation of the aerobic composting treatment of the collected biowaste in the prototype demonstration unit in the Municipality of Tinos
- Physicochemical analysis and characterization of the compost
- Study of the anaerobic digestion of the collected biowaste
- Training of the individuals from the selected households and the technicians to operate the ISWM system
Action 4 is implemented through the completion of three individual (3) activities.